Dr Rainer Gnibl, GMP Inspector for EMA
Prof Edwin van den Heuvel, University of Technology Eindhoven
Dr Andreas König, Quality König
Dr Jens-Uwe Rengers, JeRo Consulting
Aline Zillig, Kite Pharma
This course examines regulatory requirements, provides insight into inspectors’ expectations and explains tools for improving your documented review processes.
Based on real examples you will learn how you can implement and improve your Quality Reviews and use them more efficiently.
Quality Reviews and Metrics are critical GMP elements. They are an integral part of a pharmaceutical quality system and provide an opportunity to assess and control relevant processes.
Both parts of the EU-GMP Guidelines require the Product Quality Review (PQR) to verify the consistency and appropriateness of existing processes, but also to identify product and process improvement opportunities.
The FDA 21CFR 211 requires an Annual Product Review (APR) to evaluate annually the quality standards of each drug product.
All relevant guidance do also consider a Management Review to be an appropriate instrument to assess adequacy and effectiveness of quality systems.
All these different reviews could result in a tremendous work load or they can be performed in an efficient way with useful results – depending on how they are organised. Therefore it is very important to understand the requirements and the idea behind it and to see how these tools can be used more efficiently.
This Education Course is designed for managers, supervisors and all other staff members in the pharmaceutical and API industry who are involved in preparing and compiling Quality Reviews and Metrics.
To participate in an on demand training course or webinar, you do not need any software. The recordings are made available via a streaming server. In general, the recording is provided in MP4 format, which any PC (Microsoft Windows, Apple IOS) or tablet can easily display.
Timing and Duration:
When you register for the on demand Training course or webinar you can decide at what date you want to follow the training course online. For a 1-day training course you will have 2 days in which the stream is available (for 2-day training course 3 days and for a 3-day training course 4 days). Within in this timeframe you can start & stop the stream according to your needs.
In time before the scheduled date (your desired date) you will receive an e-mail from us with a link for direct participation as well as your log-in data.
Training Course Documentation and Certificate:
The presentations will be made available as PDF files via download shortly before the online training course. After the event, you will automatically receive your certificate of participation.
Quality Reviews in the Context of FDA, EU and ICH Requirements and Expectations
- EU-GMP: which types of Quality Reviews are required?
- EU Quality System Review (overview)
- How to achieve EU-GMP compliance
- ICH/US-FDA view on the situation (overview)
- EU Product Quality Review (PQR)
- Technical terms and aims of PQR
- What documents and data should be reviewed?
- Are EU-requirements the same for APIs & medicinal products?
- What about US-FDA and ICH?
PQR and APR
- How to combine PQR and APR in an efficient way
- Well-proven PQR/APR designs
- Interface to Regulatory Affairs
- Certainties (PQR/APR in Custom Manufacturing, how to deal with limited numbers of batches …)
EU Product Quality Reviews in the Light of Inspections – Expectations of the Agencies
- Inspectors view on critical parts of EU-PQR
- Practical implementation and inspection
- PQR and contract manufacturing
- Comparison EU-PQR and US-APQR (inspectors point of view)
Discussion of given PQR-Examples
Based on real examples, the speaker will discuss the content and lay-out of PQRs:
- What is useful?
- What is ambiguous?
- What could be improved?
Set up of efficient PQRs and APRs
- How to profit from existing QA Systems in PQR/APR and vice versa
- Best practices
- Time/efforts needed
- Ongoing data collection
- Foreseeable complications/advantages
- Well-proven examples
- Definition, scope, objectives
- Participants, responsibilities
- Topics to be presented: input and output
- KPIs per system
- Examples and experience
Using KPI in Quality Reviews and in Communication with Authorities
- Current status of the requirements
- Key areas and data to be submitted
- How industry can prepare to meet the expectations
Quality Reviews in Contract Manufacturing
- Customer QMRs - content, scope, frequency, organisation
- Interface with Business Management Reviews
- Assessment of data, trending and decision making
- Actions, follow-up
- „Face to Face“ or telecon?
Kite Pharma Case Study: Management Review - from Data Collection to Evaluation and Reporting
- Collection and preparation of data: time/efforts needed, automatic vs. manual data capture
- Evaluation of deviations and changes
- Interpretation of data: what is the data telling us?
- How to report the data and information gained
Review Management: Bringing them all together in an efficient Way
- How to set up an integrated data, review and Report management
- How to avoid double work
Recording from 17/18 March 2022
Duration of the recording: about 10 h.